Support for sector development and collaboration has long been identified as a priority for the alcohol and other drug service sector. The need for a coordinated approach, including timely information sharing, has been more evident than ever during COVID-19.
In June 2020, WANADA held an online sector forum, facilitated by Terry Murphy, to identify needs and priorities for collaboration, coordination and development of the alcohol and other drug service sector.
A priority activity identified through the forum was to develop a central online “hub”. There was consensus support for WANADA to lead this initiative.
The proposed hub would drive a coordinated approach to sector development, workforce development and capacity building, with a key focus on:
- promoting the alcohol and other drug treatment and support services system; and
- facilitating community access to alcohol and other drug treatment and support services.
Your Feedback Invited
WANADA is undertaking consultation for the proposed online hub through online surveys, online and face to face meetings, telephone discussions and focus groups. The feedback we receive will be collated to develop a roadmap for the hub, and a funding proposal to establish the hub.
WANADA is seeking input from alcohol and other drug services and their workers, consumers, funders and cross-sector stakeholders.
You are invited to contribute through one of the following surveys:
- Community / Service User Survey
- Alcohol and other Drug Worker and Manager Survey - for anyone who works in the alcohol and other drug service sector.
- Cross-Sector / WANADA Partners Survey - for anyone else who works with people impacted by alcohol and other drugs as part of their job, for example, allied health workers, police, community service workers.
Alternatively, WANADA is happy to arrange a one-on-one meeting or discussion with your organisation - please call Susan Holt on (08) 6557 9400.
Surveys close Thursday 31 December 2020.