Reducing Stigma and Discrimination
WANADA believes that all Western Australians’ should have fair and equitable access to health and other human services.
Social Inclusion Steering Group
WANADA’s efforts to ensure that people impacted by alcohol and other drug use receive fair and equitable treatment are guided by the Social Inclusion Steering Group.
The group consists of:
- Carol Daws, Cyrenian House CEO and WANADA Board Member
- Angela Corry, Peer Based Harm Reduction WA CEO and WANADA Board Member
- Juanita – Alcohol and other Drug Consumer and Community Coalition President
- Jill Rundle, WANADA CEO
- Ethan James, WANADA Manager Advocacy and Research
The Social Inclusion Steering Group will build on the work of the former Social Inclusion Action Research Group (SIARG), a partnership between WANADA, the then WA Drug and Alcohol Office (now Mental Health Commission) and the wider alcohol and other drug sector and draws on the knowledge and expertise of the WA alcohol and other drug sector, including service users and consumers, and relevant research.
- AIVL - Stigma and Discrimination - policy papers and reports, anti-discrimination training, and knowing your rights.
- C The Person, Not The Disease
- Don’t judge, and listen: experiences of stigma and discrimination related to problematic alcohol and other drug use - Queensland Mental Health Commission
- Frameworks Institute - changing the conversation on social issues (Canada)
- Lives of Substance
- National Center for Stigma & Empowerment (US)
- pdf Reducing AOD Related Stigma - Presentation to the 2014 WA AOD Conference (2.27 MB) - WANADA and Marketing for Change
- pdf Reducing AOD Related Stigma - Next Steps (1.57 MB) - Marketing for Change, December 2014
- pdf Stigma Research and Action (801 KB) - International Journal
- pdf WANADA General Public and Mental Health Survey Topline Quantitative Research Report (801 KB) - Colmar Brunton, December 2014.