Workforce development and training opportunities for people working in the alcohol and other drug sector in Western Australia.
Upcoming Training and Workforce Development Opportunities
ATCA - Therapeutic Community (TC) Training Course 2018
The ATCA Board invites applications for the Therapeutic Community (TC) Training Course. This training program has been specifically written for Australian audiences and adapted from the Aotearoa New Zealand context developed by Matua Raki, and is aimed at supporting practitioners working in TCs or those wanting to work in the TC environment.
Workshop block dates:16, 17, 18 April , 14, 15, 16 May 2018
Venue: Cyrenian House
Course fee: $875.00 + GST ($962.50)
National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University - PhD Scholarships
For more information, visit PhD Scholarships.
Training and Workforce Development Providers
- Mental Health Commission - AODtraining@MHC - provides a range of knowledge and skills-based training events on alcohol and other drugs and comorbidity. Events are free-of-charge and include induction training for new workers.
- Holyoake - DRUMBEAT Facilitator Training - Holyoake is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that offers DRUMBEAT Facilitator Training to community and youth workers.
- Womens Health and Family Services - Training for Health Professionals - WHFS presentations, seminars, workshops and training sessions can be tailored to specific group interests and budgets. In addition WHFS offers a professional supervision and consultancy service for individual, group and organisational issues concerning women and families.
- Cracks in the Ice - This online training provides frontline workers, including peer workers, alcohol and other drug workers and clinicians, with information and resources about ice (crystal methamphetamine).
- SMART Recovery Program Training - SMART Recovery Australia offers training in the SMART Recovery behavioural change and addiction treatment program and how to run a SMART meeting in the community or your organisation.
- pdf Comprehensive Alcohol and other Drug Workforce Development in Western Australia - Full Report (2.71 MB) - WANADA
- 2018 Peer Workforce Report - WA Peer Supporters' Network
WANADA provides information about training and workforce development through our e-newsletter FYI.