Yaandina Community Services is the largest local provider of community services in the Pilbara. Through integrity, respect, team work, continuous improvement and innovation the dedicated staff at Yaandina focus on the needs of each of our clients to deliver the best possible service and care.
We are currently seeking a youth focused AOD Worker who has relevant experience for our Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, based in Roebourne.
The Afterhours AOD Service provide engagement activities, face to face brief intervention and facilitates access to structured alcohol and drug counselling services to young Aboriginal people under 14 years of age who are experiencing harm from alcohol and other drug use (AOD) and reside in Roebourne.
The afterhours service is and extension to and a key component of the Yaandina AOD services that provide structured and evidence based AOD professional counselling services in Roebourne during business hours. The after-hours service will work under the direction and supervision of Yaandina AOD service and during the after-hours period work closely with youth workers at Yaandina and PCYC youth centres, WAPOL Community Police, Department for Child Protection and Family Support staff and community elders who have designated safe houses.
The afterhours AOD Service will provide evidence informed and culturally appropriate brief interventions and facilitate access to Yaandina AOD Service for the specified target group.
- Work closely with other providers of related services to develop and maintain referral pathways.
- Develop formal agreements with key partners, identifying responsibilities of each party and a commitment to work collaboratively.
- Where appropriate promote and participate in shared care and planning arrangements
- Undertake brief assessment, structured brief intervention
- Provide facilitated access to pro-social and resilience building
- Facilitate referral to Yaandina Clinical AOD service for structured assessment
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Hold a minimum qualification of Aboriginal Health Practitioner.
- Experience working with the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander population and an understanding of their culture.
- Work Related Requirements:
- Demonstrated written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer system skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team. Evidence of an up-to-date & COVID Vaccination in accordance with the current Public Health Directive, current WA Driver’s License and a National Police Clearance and a
Working with Children Check are prerequisites for all positions with Yaandina Community Services.
If successful you will be rewarded with a range of benefits which include:
- An attractive salary, with salary packaging options
- Permanent full time role with option for flexible working hours
- Team based treatment environment with intensive collaboration and clinical supervision and consultation
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
Yaandina is committed to providing an environment of diversity and inclusion and is a strong supporter of training and professional development.