Join a dedicated team helping families with addiction. We are a not-for-profit organisation operating with a Christian ethos, offering generous salary packaging in a friendly and supportive working environment.
About the Role
This role reports to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for providing a broad range of clinical services as a visiting nurse in a residential setting.
- Complete individual assessments and intake processes
- Develop holistic care plans
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to the resident
- Medication management
- Liaise with medical and volunteer pharmacy staff
- Provide pathology services such as urine drug screens and venepuncture
- Liaise with other community agencies regarding clinical management of the resident
- Perform minor procedures such as immunisations and wound management
- Deliver health education and promotion programs
• Act as a clinical resource within the multidisciplinary team
Skills and Experience
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Division One Nurse or Division Two Nurse
- At least one years’ experience, preferably in an AOD setting
- Demonstrated relevant clinical nursing skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with a range of people from a variety of contexts
- Self-motivated and flexible
Fresh Start is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage Indigenous Australians and people with lived-experience to apply for this position.