We are looking for a team of specialist support/case workers to transition people experiencing rough sleeping into stable accommodation.
The specialist applicants will work closely with people experiencing homelessness, transitioning them into secure accommodation and linking them to health, AOD and mainstream support services.
The successful candidate will:
- Be available to start immediately
- Have a proven track record of working with street present people, building trust and supporting them into housing
- Be familiar with the Housing First principles
- Have an excellent working knowledge of health, mental health, AOD and mainstream services
- Be willing to work across multiple locations as required
Positions are available across the three organisations: St Patrick’s Community Support Centre, Wungening and Uniting WA to form a team of specialist support/
case workers dedicated to moving street present people into secure, affordable and stable accommodation.
- 15 x full time positions (located across the three organisations)
- 6 month fixed term contracts (secondments will be considered)
- Immediate start
- 1 x FTE team leader based at St Patrick’s Community Support Centre
Dependent on experience, these are classified as Level 4/5 SCHADS award.
Salary packaging available.
Must have Assertive Outreach Homelessness/Housing Support experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of holistic support to individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, or risk of homelessness which may include substance abuse, disability and mental health issues.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of support services including mental health and
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work
and communicate effectively with service staff, service users, community agencies and other professionals.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
people and communities particularly regarding transience and homelessness, trauma, cultural awareness and sensitivities.
Must have or able to obtain prior to commencement:
- Current C class drivers licence.
- Current National Police Clearance Check.
- Working with Children Check.
About the Program
The Housing First Rapid Response Team is a multi-agency response to help alleviate some of the growing pressures on homelessness in the Perth metropolitan area, whilst supporting the groundwork for the roll-out of the Housing First Homelessness Initiative programs funded by the State Government.
This new initiative is led by St Patrick’s Community Support Centre alongside Ruah, Uniting WA and Wungening Aboriginal Corporation.
The response is designed to supplement and enhance both existing services and new initiatives.
How to apply
How to apply and job descriptions are available on the following websites:
- www.stpats.com.au (7 positions)
- www.unitingwa.org.au (5 positions)
- www.wungening.org.au (5 positions)
Please apply for at the preferred organisation and nominate if you are willing to be considered for a position at the other organisation if not successful with your first preference.
These are six month contracts, and secondments will be considered. Applications will be assessed, and successful candidates appointed immediately.
For more information