Alcohol and other drug services are essential services and are prepared to continue serving the Western Australian community when possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. For up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic in Western Australia, visit WA.gov.au with health advice at healthywa.wa.gov.au.
Alcohol and other Drug Support and Information
If you are in Western Australia and you need support or information in relation to alcohol and other drug-related issues, please contact the Alcohol and Drug Support Service on (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (free for country callers). The service is free, confidential and available 24/7.
If English is not your first language, you can get free translation support through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) by phoning 131 450.
WANADA and the Alcohol and other Drug Sector Response to COVID-19
WANADA has worked with the alcohol and other drug sector to produce resources and tools that will support responses to the pandemic. These include:
- pdf Alcohol and other Drug Sector Status Update - 12pm (137 KB) - 5 February 2021
- pdf Alcohol and other Drug Services Resource List (141 KB) - 3 February 2021
- document COVID-19 Capacity Self-Assessment Tool for the Alcohol and other Drug Sector (24 KB) - WANADA
- pdf Western Australian Alcohol and other Drug Service Sector: Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic and Sector Response (931 KB) - WANADA - September 2020
- pdf Alcohol and Other Drug Sector Support Needs to Respond to COVID-19 - Version 1, 3 April 2020 (118 KB) - WANADA
- pdf Alcohol and Other Drug Sector Support Needs to Respond to COVID-19 - Version 2, 13 April 2020 (121 KB) - WANADA
- pdf COVID-19 - Issues and suggestions raised by Aboriginal Alcohol and Other Drug Workers – Version 1, 17 April 2020 (183 KB) - WANADA
Please visit Tools for Alcohol and other Drug Workers, Workforce Development, Conferences, and Grants and Funding on the WANADA website for other COVID-19 related resources and updates, including training and changes to events, and resources to support wellbeing.
WANADA Operations and Contact Information