For Students

Whether you're keen to work in the alcohol and other drug sector, need some support or information about alcohol and other drugs, looking for research and statistics, or planning an event - these resources will give you a head start.

Student Placements in the Alcohol and other Drug Sector

WANADA facilitates student placements at alcohol and other drug services. Learn more about Student Placements. Or watch ECU Master of Nutrition student Bianca explain how the Student Placement Program supported her placement in the alcohol and other drug sector.

Planning to Work in the Alcohol and other Drug Sector?

Ever wondered what motivates people to work in the alcohol and other drug (AOD) sector? Alcohol and other drug work is a specialised field, attracting people with qualifications and experience in psychology, social work, health sciences, youth work, nursing and more. The work is challenging but ultimately rewarding for many who choose it for their career.

Find out what attracted these WA alcohol and other drug workers to the field and why they would recommend it by viewing their stories on YouTube:

If you're looking for work, or want to know what types of jobs are available, visit AOD Jobs. Students are also welcome to subscribe to our e-newsletter FYI.

Alcohol and other Drugs - Facts and Figures

Planning An Event? Raising Awareness?

These sites may help you find useful resources and information.

Need Help or Information?

Do you or someone you know need support or information?

Learn more about the alcohol and other drug services available in Western Australia by browsing or searching the Green Book Directory of Alcohol and other Drug and Mental Health Services in WA.

Alcohol and Drug Support Service Wallet CardIf you are in Western Australia and you need support or information in relation to alcohol and other drug-related issues, please contact the Alcohol and Drug Support Service on (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (free for country callers). The service is free, confidential and available 24/7.

If English is not your first language, you can get free translation support through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) by phoning 131 450.


Level 1
1 Nash St
Perth WA 6000


Contact us

Follow Us

Green Book Link Button