Sector Capacity Building Project
WANADA's Sector Capacity Building Project supports WA's alcohol and other drug agencies to improve services and to develop their capacity to work with people who have complex needs.
WANADA's support includes:
- Quality Improvement Support - Supporting agencies to achieve certification against the new Standard on Culturally Secure Practice (Alcohol and other Drug Sector)
- DDCAT Support - Supporting DoHA-funded alcohol and other drug agencies in WA to use the Dual Diagnosis Capability in Addiction Tool (DDCAT) to assess their capacity to work with people who have comorbid substance use and mental health concerns.
- Student Placements - Supporting university students from allied health fields to complete placements in the alcohol and other drug sector.
- Service Directory - WANADA, in partnership with the WA Association for Mental Health, is developing a directory of AOD and mental health services that builds on our print resource The Green Book and which will include a dedicated online directory and mobile app (jointly funded by the WA Drug and Alcohol Office and the WA Mental Health Commission).
Resources developed as part of the ISI Initiative include:
- Comorbidity Capacity Building Toolkit
- Healthy Eating for Wellbeing: A Nutrition Guide for Alcohol & Other Drug Agency Workers (funded by the Foundation for Alcohol Education and Research (FARE)
- Healthy Eating for Wellbeing: A Nutrition Guide for Alcohol & Other Drug Consumers (funded by the Foundation for Alcohol Education and Research (FARE)
- Circuit Training: A Guide for Alcohol & Other Drug Agencies & Consumers (funded by the Foundation for Alcohol Education and Research (FARE)